This year we decided we wanted to stay home and bring in a New Year with the kids and each other. I made lots of good food and we invited Rick & Judi over for food, fun, and games. Of course my little monkey Dax was in bed by about 8:30pm. After that we all just hung out until 10pm, which was when we let Rylee celebrate the New Year. She had picked out hats, blowers, and necklaces for us all to wear. We watched the eastcoast celebrate at 10pm our time, and then Rylee went to bed and Rick & Judi headed home. Brett and I relaxed with some food, wine, and a great movie...The Hangover. It was a great New Year!!!
Of course I had to make some New Year's resolutions(goals)....and this year I wanted to make a few. So here they are:
1. Lose weight and get in shape. Not only by exercising but also by eating more healthy. My goal for this year is to lose 20 lbs by mid-June.
2. Excercise every morning.
3. Clean my house immediately after exercising, before doing anything else.
4. Have more patience.
5. Save enough money to go on a cruise or vacation, just me and Brett.
6. Get caught up and stay caught up on scrapbooking.
7. Take the kids to the Zoo.
8. Go camping in the mountains as a family. (I loved camping as a kid and would love to take the kids).
9. Make sure to have plenty of mommy/daughter dates.
10. Take a dance class. (I think it would be a blast to take a dance class...something like Hip Hop. In this small town I am not so sure I will be able to find that?!)
11. Drink more water...I am bad at this. I go some days and do not drink and ounce of water all day...sometimes for days. My goal is to drink 1.5-2 liters of water a day.
So those are some goals I have made for this year and I hope to accomplish each and every one of them. As for my #1 goal of losing weight and getting in shape, I figured what better way to motivate myself than to have goal pictures. I decided that having goal pics and even posting a few might just help me to be more motivated and to be held to the goal more. So I have posted a few pics I have of me about a year after I had Rylee. I know it might be closer to a year and a half after Dax that I accomplish it, but I am determined. So here are some goal pics....
He loves bathtime! Every time he hears the bath water running, even if its not for him, he zooms in there to play. The other day Rylee was bathing and I took his shirt off so he could splash in it. Well, he went over the side and into the tub...in his clothes. He did it very gracefully and didn't bump his head, but it was still too fast for me to catch him. He is off the binky too...such a big boy! We all just love him to pieces. Rylee & Dax are truly the lights of our lives and are both such smart and sweet kids.
Happy 10 month Monkey we LOVE you!!!
And in between all the celebrating we have spent time together bowling and playing in the snow. Rylee loves the snow and cannot get enough.
"Here's to the bright New Year, and a fond farewell to the old; here's to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold."