Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's

I LOVE Valentine's Day! I am not completely sure what it is about it, but I love it. I love showing extra love to my family, I love helping Rylee make her cute treats for her class, I love seeing red & pink everywhere, I love that I have an excuse to give extra kisses and hugs to my kids and my loving husband...I absolutely {heart} everything about this day!

This year we decided to celebrate it as a family. It was such a nice day Saturday, so we decided to take the kids to the park. There was still some puddles around from the snow melting and of course Dax found every single one of them. I tried my hardest to keep him out of them, but he still left the park with wet shoes, socks and pants. After that we went to have a late lunch/early dinner together. When we got home, Dax, Rylee, and myself all layed down to take a nap. Rylee wanted to nap because she wanted Valentine's to come faster.

When we woke up, grandma Dean and Tom showed up with a valentine treat for both kids. After they left, we decided to give the kids the stuff from us and from grandma Judi & Papa Rick. They were so excited! From grandma Judi & papa Rick they got valentine jammies and some candy. From us, Rylee got a jewelry box, a cute diamond necklace that looks like a key with a heart on it, "I Love You" book, a cute caterpillar stuffed animal that sings, and lots of candy. Dax got a tractor toy, a diesel toy, a big stuffed animal dog and candy. Then we gave them a movie together. They were both really excited and looked so cute in their new jammies.

Today Rylee had her class party at school. She couldn't wait to take her treat bags to class and hand out to each one of her classmates. She looked so cute after we got her ready for school that we decided to go outside and snap a few quick pictures of her. At class, they got to decorate their own miniature cake. She had a fun day!

Like I said before, I LOVE this day! I love my cute little family. I love Rylee & Dax to pieces....more than words could ever say! I love my sweet husband Brett. He is the reason I am who I am today. He is a great daddy to our kids and such a great husband too. We have been together for 14 years and 5 months (as of yesterday). We have been married for 7 years and 5 months (as of yesterday), and I look forward to many more years with my cute family. I am thankful for all the love I have in my life....from my husband, my kids, all of my family, and my friends.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!





















No comments:

Post a Comment