Sunday, February 8, 2009

Quality Time With Rylee...



Last Tuesday, my job laid off 300 employees. Considering they are not very big, it impacted a lot of people...me being one of them. At first I was really upset. Before we even knew who would be affected I started stressing; knowing that nobody will hire someone as pregnant as I am, and I was worried about not having insurance when the baby is born.

Well last Tuesday they gave the dreaded news. I could not believe some of the people that were let go. It was really sad. People that had been there for 15+ years. Brett was so supportive and so great about the whole thing. He has been so awesome.

So, for the time being, I am going to be a stay at home mommy to Rylee and spend some quality time with her before baby Daxon gets here. And I cannot tell you how happy that makes me. I think it will be a really good thing for us to get to spend one on one time together before she has to share the house and attention with a new baby. Even though she could not be more excited to get a baby brother, I am sure it will take a lot of adjusting for her once the big day comes.

Until then, we will enjoy the next 5 weeks hanging out and having fun together. Just doing some of Rylee's favorite things...playing dolls, kitchen, dress-up, making cookies, and watching Disney movies. Sounds like a good time to me and I am looking forward to every minute of it :)

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You finally did it. It looks really cute. I don't think you need any help with it! Good Job! So now you just need to put a pregnancy pic on it! Now that I am 30 weeks I will be putting one on mine. I'm so happy you got a blog. Now we can keep in touch even better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad to see you bloggin. How much longer do you have until baby gets here? Your blog looks cute. Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete