Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dax is 9 months old....

I truly cannot believe my baby is already 9 months old. It sounds so old to me to even say it. When people ask how old he is I have to count two or three times cause it just doesn't seem right to say 9 months! He is growing up way too fast. I took him in to get the 2nd part of his regular flu shot, finally. They were out for a very long time so it took a wile to get him in. While I was there I had the nurse weigh him and measure his height.
Age: 9 months
Weight: 18 lbs 9 oz.
Height: 29.5 inches




He is such a little sweetheart. He has two bottom teeth and his 3rd tooth is barely poking through (its a top tooth). He can crawl just as fast as I can walk around the house. He is right there under my feet at all times, chasing me from room to room. He loves digging through his bin of toys or crawling to the bathroom to get in the bin of bath toys. Anytime I forget to close the closet door where the shelf of food is, he takes my cans out and rolls them around. The other day he had found the box of spaghetti noodles and dumped them everywhere. He stands up to everything and anything he can take ahold of. He even stands up to his push toy and tries to walk with it, but it starts moving too fast and so he hurries and sits down. He walks along furniture all the time and what use to be out of reach no longer is. That is a hard one for Rylee to remember. She is so use to just putting things that she don't want him to have on the couch, but now he can reach them.




He tried ice cream for the first time....I broke off a tiny piece of my peppermint ice cream sandwich and he loved it!



He is my little vacuum cleaner, so I have to watch him like a hawk or at least make sure there is absolutely nothing small enough to choke on because it will go in his mouth. When Rylee was little she would pick things up and hand them to me...nothing ever went in her mouth. With Dax its a completely different story. The second he spots something, his mission is to get it and put it right into his mouth. He has choked on numerous things from caprisun straw wrappers to corners off fruit snack packages to pieces of paper, just anything that boy can find. It scares me everytime! And its hard because I constantly watch for things, but with a 4 year old around the house, little things like that are getting dropped left and right.

He is already starting to LOVE his daddy. I just hope he is not becoming a daddy' boy...I swore he was to be a momma's boy. The second Brett comes in the door from being at work, he gets so excited and crawls right for him. He absolutely adores his big sister and loves playing with her. Now that he can get around its so cute cause he will follow her around the house. Today she was hiding in her room from him and she would make little squeek noises. He started crawling for the living room thinking he could hear her in there and then she squeeked again and he paused and then headed for her room. It is just so cute. Or she will be pushing around his toy and she follows her and chases her around the house. He laughs at everything she does. I love it!!!
Bathtime is definitely a favorite! The second he hears that water running he is ready to dive in. He sits in there and plays with the toys, crawls around the tub splashing. He cannot get enough of it.




I have had a hard time getting him to eat baby food in the jar lately so I have tried to think of everything and anything I can feed him because I know at 9 months he shouldn't be strictly on formula. He seems so picky to me and everything I try he acts like he doesn't like it. I finally found something he loves...its Beechnut Oatmeal with mixed fruit. For breakfast I mix it with Gerber juice and for dinner with formula. I still try other foods everyday, but he is not loving it like this oatmeal. I am just glad to find something he will gladly eat.
One of his dislikes are hats...I cannot get this boy to wear a beanie or anything. Which makes it hard when we live where the weather is extremely cold. I can get him to wear a jacket with the hood on, but nothing pulled over his head like a beanie or hat. Its impossible because the second I start to pull it on his head he is trying to pull it off, even before I have let go of it. It drives me crazy! I had bought santa hats for both kids to wear for a picture, but that was not happening.
He is so much fun! Every single day he is such a joy to us and we cannot imagine life without his sweet and loving personality. He loves to talk and make noise...its so cute to watch him learn and discover new things each day. We Love You Dax....Happy 9 month Birthday!

Another BIG day....Brett turned 30 years old. For his birthday we did cake and ice cream on Friday night, which was the day before his birthday, then Saturday the two of us went to Mesquite. His awesome parents had offered t take the kids a night so we could get away for a night to have fun. We had such a great time just gambling, having dinner, hanging out....it was so nice! We got up Sunday and had breakfast then headed towards home. On the way we stopped in St. George to see our friends Aldo and Jessica. They just had a new baby, Audrina. She is such a little doll. In the short time we were there I took some pictures of cute little Audrina. It was so good to see them all. Jessica looks great...you would never know she had just had a baby 1.5 weeks prior. Then we headed home. It turned out to be a great weekend! Brett is such an awesome daddy and husband. He deserved to have a great time! I LOVE you so much babe....happy 30th birthday! Remember: We are only as old as we feel and I know you don't feel a day over 25!



Rylee helped blow out the candles!


No comments:

Post a Comment