Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sugar Overload!

I guess that is what this time of year is all about! Today Rylee and I made homemade sugar cookies. I used to always buy slice and bake sugar cookies since the funnest part for Rylee was simply sprinkling the cookies with red and green sparkles. But this year we went all out! Making the dough, rolling the dough, cutting out cute christmas shapes, baking the cookies, frosting and decorating them and then delivering them to family. We had a blast....and in the end a very messy kitchen. But it was all worth it to see that cute smile on Rylee's face. I love thinking of things we can do together that she will have fun and always remember. It was really cute because she kept asking me if my mom let me make cookies when I was a little girl too.
Here is how our cookie making day went:

Rolling the dough....she did so good!



Cutting the dough into cute shapes with our christmas cookie cutters!

Being very carefull not to tear the shapes.


Look at that face concentrate...what a good little ccokie decorator!



Lots and lots of sprinkles...


The complete project!


Now if that is not the cutest smile ever!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment