Monday, January 17, 2011

~It's a New Year~

It's 2011 now and I am looking forward to whatever it may have in store, as long as it is spent with my wonderful family then I am HAPPY! I look forward to all the fun activities we get to do each year together from birthday parties, visits to the lake, the dunes, camping, traveling, playing at the park, and even just sitting inside eating popcorn and watching movies. I love my LIFE and am thankful for each person in it.

Almost every year my new year resolution is to lose weight and get into shape for the coming summer. This year is not a whole lot different, but instead of just wanting to lose these winter pounds I packed on, I also want to start eating right, exercising, and drinking more water. That is a big one since I am horrible at drinking water. I know our bodies need it, and it makes our skin look better and younger and less dry, but I still struggle at doing it. Well I am determined, starting TODAY, to drink more water, eat healthier and stay active. 

Another goal of mine this year is to be a better mommy and wife. Really just a better person in general. Now I know if my husband read this he would probably say something like, "Babe you already do the best job you can as a mommy and a wife," but I want to do more. I want to make sure that I enjoy the little things with my kids more often, have even more patience with them, get to laugh at all the silly things they say and do even if I am stressed about something else, I want to stop and take the time to play around and be silly and not just with my kids but with Brett too. I want to take the time to enjoy the little moments with Brett, even if its just getting to watch an hour of tv together before he goes to bed or cuddling in bed on the weekends and watching a movie. I just want to stop and enjoy each moment and each person I get to spend it with.

I am looking forward to a great 2011.....

No comments:

Post a Comment