Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday DAX!!!

Meeska! Mooska! Mickey Mouse!
We celebrated a very special 2nd birthday at Dax's clubhouse!

On March 17th, our little Dax turned TWO years old. I cannot believe two years have already gone by since he was born. It seems like just yesterday I was holding him in my arms at the hospital. It makes me sad that he is growing up so fast, but at the same time I love watching him grow and learn new things. He has been such a huge joy to our lives!

For his 2nd birthday I had huge plans! I planned to make cute Mickey and Minnie ears for all the kids to wear, I planned to make this adorable 2-tier fondant cake, and cute Mickey invitations and treat holders. Every year I forget how busy the month of March is for me and when his birthday comes around I am stressed out trying to pull it all together. I guess that is my own fault for planning so many ideas for his birthday party!

I got an early start on the ears and the treat bags because I knew March would be very busy. The only thing that I was not able to pull through on is the cake. I wanted to make something similar to this cute cake I had found online....


And then as the time came, I thought maybe I would do something a little simpler, similar to this....



And when I woke up to no power the morning of his party, I sent Brett to Walmart for an already made cake and placed some Mickey toys on top. So this is what his cake ended up looking like.


Of course the kids still loved the cake and ice cream. It didn't have to be a perfectly planned out cake for them to enjoy it. The kids all seemed to have a great time! Dax loved opening his presents and wanted each thing out of the box, right away. When it was time to sing "Happy Birthday" to him he was so cute....he sat there moving his head back and forth while we sang and when we were done he started singing "happy birthday" so we started singing it again and about 5 words in he blew out his candles. It was the funniest thing! He loved that it was his special day.

It turned out to be a great day spent with family. Happy 2nd Birthday Dax....We Love You!!!

















1 comment:

  1. Oh, it turned out so cute! Everything looks so cute....It is definitely a big job to plan Birthday parties! Happy Birthday Dax...He looks so big!

    ReplyDelete