Thursday, March 17, 2011

Poor Dax!

My sweet little Dax started sounding sick around the 6th of March and that night was up having a hard time breathing. Brett and I took turns sitting in the steamy hot bathroom with him, which seemed to help. I could tell immediately that he had croup. I knew I was going out of town the next weekend and wanted to make sure I knew what was wrong and that he was feeling okay before I left. I took him over for a doctor appointment on the 7th and found out it was croup and he was given a steroid medicine. We did some breathing treatments, which he was fine with the first 2 minutes but after that he cried and got mad. I had to do them while he was sleeping after that.
That night he slept better but all day Tuesday he was fevering really high and very lethargic. He layed around sleeping most the day and just wanted mommy to lay with him. It was so sad. I feel so helpless when my kids are sick. I called the very next morning and got another appointment to have him seen again. We went in and they decided to do a chest xray. The doctor gave him an antibiotic shot and a prescription for an antibiotic. He layed around a lot that day, but Thursday it was like night and day. The antibiotic had kicked in and he would get up and play for a short time and then take a rest. I could see a huge difference and by Friday when I left he seemed so much better, besides I was leaving him with his daddy so I knew he would be just fine. On the way out of town I got a call letting me know that he did have pneumonia and to make sure to continue the antibiotic for the full 10 days. Poor thing! I felt so bad, but was glad he was feeling so much better and that the antibiotic was doing its thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment