Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009!!!








Easter was so much fun this year! Rylee is old enough now to enjoy everything about Easter and camping. Also, it was Dax's 1st Easter. For Easter weekend we went camping at Cainesville with Brett's parents, Rick & Judi, and our nephew Cruz and niece Savanah was also there. We headed to Salina on Thursday, visited some family and then headed for camping Friday morning. The weather turned out great the entire weekend. The only rain we got was a sprinkle Saturday evening and the rest the weekend was warm enough that Brett and Rylee both got sun burnt.
Another really nice thing is that there is a hotel right before the turn off to camp, so we got a room at the hotel for nighttime since Dax is still so young. Brett's parents have a trailor, so we could have Dax indoors at all times. It worked out perfect.
Rylee had so much fun this year. She absolutely adores Savanah and loved playing with her all weekend long. Not only that, but they both had their own 4 wheelers to ride around camp on. Rylee was SO proud of herself....and she should be. I know Brett & I couldn't be more proud of her. Its amazing to me to watch a 3 year old ride around on a 4 wheeler like she does. She is extremely coordinated.
Even I had my own 4 wheeler this year, so that was a ton of fun. I have had this bad cough, so I didn't get to ride as much as I would have liked too, but it was still lots of fun. Brett, Cruz, & Rick got to go on some good rides. Cruz loves to ride both Rick & Brett's bikes and he does so good. I swear, that kid is good at everything he does.







Brett is such a good daddy. He took Rylee on rides, showed her how to ride the 4 wheeler, flew kites with her, and really helped to keep an eye on her while I was inside with Dax. Rick & Judi also helped a ton by staying inside with Dax so I could play with Rylee and also by watching both kids so I could get in a few rides on my bike.
Rylee & Savanah played in the dirt, built sand castles, and rolled eggs down the hills. Rylee loved what she got from the Easter bunny and they all had lots of fun finding their hidden easter eggs with prizes and candy in them.
Rylee wasn't too happy when it was time to leave. The baby rides so good in the car, which we were very thankful for. He is such a good boy.
When we got back to Salina we made some stops to see more family and headed back home.
Easter weekend couldn't have been any better. We were able to spend time with the family and make sure Rylee had a fun-filled weekend. I couldn't have asked for more....I love my little family!!!









2 comments:

  1. Glad you guys had so much fun sounds like things worked out perfect with the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the cutest family! And look at you superwoman, going camping with a brand new baby and a three yr old... you are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete