Friday, April 24, 2009

Spring is here...

and I hope its here to stay! Rylee had been asking to plant seeds for at least two weeks. She was watching TV and saw them plant seeds, water them, and flowers grew. Well on TV, they made it seem that it all happens within minutes....so I explained to her that we can buy seeds and plant them, but it takes a VERY long time to actually have pretty FLOWERS. Or, we can buy pretty FLOWERS and plant them and water them. She liked that idea! Thank Goodness. I can only imagine how long it would have seemed for those flowers to bloom.
It turned out to be a fun and perfect day. We have three large planters in our backyard that have been empty since last fall. First we went to the store and I let Rylee help decide which flowers she wanted. Rylee had so much fun digging the holes for mommy to sit the flowers in and then burrying them back up. She was such a BIG helper. Her FAVORITE part was watering them at the end.




3 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers Rylee:) Enjoy the weather while you can. It's been so unpredictable lately. It's been in the 90's here the last few days:( Too hot too soon for me. Cute pics. I am so glad we all have our little ones here. Can't wait for us all to get together:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new baby... he isa cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't checked in a while, but I love all the pictures and posts, your little guy looks so cute. I cant wait to see you guys in person.

    ReplyDelete