Monday, September 21, 2009

My Babies...

...are getting so big! Its amazing how fast they grow up. Rylee will be 4 years old in less than a month and Dax is now 6 months old. They are both so much fun.

Rylee has started preschool and absolutely loves it. She looked so cute on her first day and was not scared one bit. She ran in all excited. I definitely think it was harder for me than it was for her, but it definitely makes it easier when they want to go and have fun! She loves the fact that she has her cousins Kailey and Trayton in her class and also her friend Keagan. This is Rylee's first year of preschool, so she will go to one more year of it after this before she starts Kindergarten. She also started dance. She has only had one practice, but so far she really likes it. I will post a picture of her 1st day of school once I upload the pictures from my camera.

Dax is growing and learning each and every day. He is such a sweet little boy. He loves to cuddle, which I absolutely love. He likes to play in his exersaucer but prefers to be able to still have me in eyes view. He smiles all the time and talks a lot. He says "mama" and has said "dada" a few times. He loves to make a growling noise too and its so cute. So far his favorite baby foods are sweet potatoes and bananas. I have tried every vegetable and fruit and these are what he prefers, but I can also get him to eat squash and mixed vegetables. He rolls all the time and is now sitting on his own. Sometimes I wonder if he will skip crawling and go right to walking because he does not prefer tummy time much. So we will see.

At his 6 month appointment he weighed 15 lbs. 11 oz. and is 27.25 inches long. He is in the 18th percentile for his weight alone, and 72nd percentile for his length alone, but only the 4th percentile for his weight for his length. He is still growing a lot like Rylee did; tall and skinny. He is such a content and happy baby. He is ready for bed by 8 or 8:30 each night and I just lay him down and he goes to sleep on his own, no fussing at all. It makes it nice and easy.

We decided it was time to get a family picture. We took the kids to Kiddie Kandids and got some pictures of them together, some alone and a family picture. I think they turned out really cute. Rylee looks so grown up to me! I love my beautiful kids, they are so much fun and keep my days exciting.







6 comments:

  1. Krista, its nice to be able to finally read what you have been up to.. The kids are so cute, and yes Rylee does look VERY grown up I think pictures do that! Your family picture turned out cute, and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pics are adorable. I love the close up one of Dax. Very cute:) And Rylee is cute as usual:) Wow! Six months already. Crazy!!! We were just pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey krista, Your little Rylee is adorable!! I'm glad you guys are back! I'm making my blog private so email me your address and i'll send you an ivite!!! breenielsen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures turned out so cute!!! I can't believe it either that Dax is 6 months old & Rylee almost 4, but then Tayten will be 1 in a month & it just amazes me how fast that flew by... you have
    a cute family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful kids, beautiful family. Love the new pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute pics, I can't believe how fast these little boys are growing.

    ReplyDelete