Thursday, June 17, 2010

Making Smiles....

...one 4-wheeler ride at a time!
Seriously, I don't think I have ever seen two kids that LOVE 4-wheeler rides more than my two sweet and adventurous kids. So any weekend that we are just hanging out at home, we usually end up going on a nice long 4 wheeler ride with the kids. They love it and it gets them out of the house.
This last adventure we went with Rick & Judi up on the West Mountain above Aurora. We loaded the 4-wheelers up, drove to a the start of the dirt road, and unloaded them for our ride. It was so funny because Brett's mom was really concerned that Dax needed sunglasses, but this kid does not leave on glasses or hats so I have never bought him any sunglasses. Well she had brought a kid pair with from when Cruz & Savanah were just little. They were the funniest looking things. So I put them on and he actually did leave them on as long as I put them on right as we were taking off and then when we would stop he wanted them right back off. I did get one picture of him in them. Brett and I could not stop laughing when he had them on. He looked just like the little boy on the movie "Meet the Robinson's". Too funny!
We all had a really good time. We stopped where the creek crossed the road and let the kids play in it a little. I walked in it with Dax and it was freezing. It was run-off from the snow and it felt just like ICE. But the kids were loving it. After that we hopped back on and rode some more. Dax mostly rode with me, Rylee with Daddy, and then Rick, Judi and their dog Lily. We made several stops for drinks, snacks, and to let the kids play in the water or run around in the shade.
We rode all the way to the top where we actually found a little bit of snow, which was funny because it was about 90 degrees that day. Kind of neat having a snow ball fight in 90 degree weather.
On our way back down we stopped at a camp spot and walked around a bit. We found a homemade swing in the tree that Rylee had so much fun with, and even Dax wanted to try it out.
Everyone had a great time and the kids loved every minute of it.


1 comment:

  1. That's so cute how the kids love four wheeler rides so much. I guess that's what you get when you live in the "country" LOL I remember Trey loved them too when he was little. Looks like fun:)

    ReplyDelete