Saturday, October 30, 2010

~Corn Maze~

Rylee was both excited and a little hesitant this year about going to the corn maze. Last year when I took her it was an all-out haunted corn maze, which I didn't know before taking her. She actually did okay for how scared some of the other kids were, but the next day is when I really noticed how much it affected her. While trick-or-treating, anytime she saw someone with a mask she would panic. If there was decorations on someone's porch that looked like a scary person with a mask, she would not go to that door. I swore I would not do that again.
So my sister Shanda and I decided to take the kids during the non-scary hours. When I told Rylee we were going to the corn maze she asked if it was going to be scary like last time and I told her no. Once she knew that she was so excited she couldn't wait.
Since it was not going to be scary, I decided to bring Dax along also. We all met at the corn maze and headed in. Right away we realized it was slightly scary. Not what I would call scary, but apparently what little kids consider scary. As long as Dax was being held, he was just fine. He gave some dirty looks to the people with masks, but that was about it for him. Now Rylee on the other hand was scared right when we got there. The second she saw someone in a spooky mask she was saying I want to go home and wanted me to please hold her. That was when Shanda took Dax and I carried Rylee. Thank goodness all five of Shanda's kids were brave enough to walk. After just a few minutes Rylee realized it wasn't so bad and she wanted down to walk with all the other kids.
It did take us quite a while to find our way out. Tip to self for next year, when the older kids run down the trail and come back saying "dead end", make sure to go check it out yourself before turning around. This is what happened and we kept skipping the one he said was a dead end and after trying everything we headed down it again and sure enough it was not a dead end, it just looked like it from a distance. But that is okay, we had a good laugh and a lot of fun. The kids loved it!








No comments:

Post a Comment