Friday, October 8, 2010

~18 Months Old~

Wow! Dax officially hit the half way mark between one and two years old on September 17th. It seems so crazy to think my baby boy is one and a half years old. He is definitely one energetic little boy and full of personality. He is a little chatter box and will repeat just about any word you say. Now if I ask him to say something, that is a completely different story. But if I just say the word while showing him, he usually copies and repeats. Not only does he repeat every word but he says sentences. Mostly two and three word sentences, but it is so cute.
I could go on and on with the words he can say but I would never be able to remember them all. He says well over 30 words. He climbs on anything and everything! He loves being outside and his favorite thing is going on 4-wheeler rides. He will say "go ride" and point you in the direction of the 4-wheeler key. Getting to play with his big sister always makes him smile and laugh. He loves her to pieces.
This little boy knows how to run...and fast! He thinks its funny to run to the road, which scares me so bad. He will be playing just fine then take off on a dead run to the road without any warning. Since I know that he does this I watch him like a hawk when he even gets near the end of the driveway. He runs so fast that most the time I barely make it to him and that is running as fast as I can.
He weighs 25 pounds 2 ounces and is 34 inches tall. For his age he is in the 46th percentile for his weight and in the 95th percentile for his height. Because he is so tall, his weight for his height is only in the 17th percentile. He knows how to eat well with a fork and a spoon, but it does get a little messy. He loves books and is obsessed with toothbrushes, but his favorite toys are his trucks and motorcycles. There for about a week he carried at least 2 toothbrushes in his hands at all times. The only time I would make him give them up is for nap time and bed time. Although he still loves them and wants them often, he is not spotted with one at all times.
He loves his daddy and will just lay on him and watch t.v. for a really long time. If Dax doesn't like the show they are watching, he will find the remote and give it to Brett to change the channel. He is a smart little boy!
He loves to climb on anything and everything and has figured out ways to even climb onto my kitchen counters. He loves climbing on the toilet and playing in the bathroom sink too. This kid can figure out how to get into anything if he really wants to.
As you will see by the pictures, he knows how to stick out his tongue on demand. He is super silly just like the rest of us and fits right in.
I posted a picture of his worst owie to date. We were all walking outside one night to get stuff out of the car and as I opened the screen door about 10 moths started flying at my head so I was hurrying to push the screen door shut. Well our screen door is old and made of medal and sharp along the edges. It felt like it was a little hard to shut so I looked down at Dax's feet to make sure they weren't in the way and they weren't. So I pulled it again and just then I realized he had his little finger in the inside crack of the door jam. I felt HORRIBLE. Worst feeling EVER! He didn't even cry until I picked him up and it just started bleeding everywhere. I didn't know if it cut his finger off or what. I was freaking out and felt just horrible. I still feel so bad about it. Poor guy! It was cut right along the nail bed and around. It ended up healing really well. He is a tough little boy!
He knows what the potty is and knows what going potty is. I am hoping he will be as easy to potty train as Rylee when the time comes. The other day I took off his diaper and he got up and ran away. He started to look like he was about to pee and ran into the potty, but once he was sitting on it, he said "all done."
He is our little sweetheart and loves giving hugs and cuddling. He loves cuddling with his blankets at bed time, but doesn't care which blanket it is as long as it is soft. Neither one of my kids have had attachment issues with objects like a certain blanket or toy, which is great!
Dax's hair grows so fast. We had it cut into a fohawk when he was only 14 months old and to make sure it wouldn't have to be cut in a month we started with it pretty short. Well it grew like a weed and was beyond time for a haircut. You will see by the pictures how tall his fohawk was getting. We got it cut again on his 18 month birthday. He is always such a good boy and just sits so quietly for the lady.

This little sweet boy of ours has got the smile that will light up an entire room. And the cutest dimple to go along with that sweet smile. He has got the biggest and cutest personality ever! We love this little boy with all of our hearts <3






 







1 comment:

  1. How cute, I love all your pics! He is growing up so fast! He is such a cute little guy..

    ReplyDelete