Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Party #2

On December 19th we had our Christmas party on my side of the family. We had it at my sister Andrea's house and as always there was a lot of people, which makes it fun for th kids. There ended up being about 22 kids there. We had a big lunch with everyone and then while the kids were playing, Santa came walking in. Rylee had told me on the way that if Santa comes to this Christmas party she wanted to make sure she let him know that she wanted the talking Jessie doll from Toy Story 2 and 3 since she had forgot to tell him the time before. When Santa called her name she hopped right on his lap and told him that she wanted the Rescue Pet mommy dog with baby puppies and forgot to tell him about Jessie again. I told her it was a good thing that we have Buddy the Elf watching over her and reporting to Santa each night if she was good or bad that day and letting him know the things she wants for Christmas. She made sure to go right home and let Buddy the Elf know she really really wants a talking Jessie doll.
Now Dax was a different story. He is already a bit shy and nervous at my family get togethers because there is always so many people running around and being loud that he wants to be held by either me or Brett the entire time and will not let anyone else take him. So when Santa called his name and I took him up there, he screamed so loud. He was terrified. I tried moving him from one hip to the other so we could attempt to at least get a picture or see if he would take his present from Santa, but he clung onto me like a little monkey with suction cup hands and feet, while screaming at the same time. We did get one picture, but you cannot see Dax's face and my head is cut off. It was about all anyone could get in the dramatic moment. Poor little thing.
Both my kids looked so cute for both the Christmas parties this year. I just love these kids so much and think they are the cutest little things ever.
I love getting together for the holidays and having these family parties. Family, friends, food, fun, and Santa....it doesn't get much better than that.














No comments:

Post a Comment