Monday, June 1, 2009

Texas here we come...

Its been a while now since I have posted a blog and I have so much to update everyone on....
First, my sweet baby Dax is now 2 1/2 months old. He went to his 2 month check-up on May 18th. He weighs 10 lbs. 3 oz., 23 inches long. So he is long and skinny. Which doesn't surprise me since Rylee was the exact same way. He is so much fun and continues to be such a geat baby. Everyone is always so amazed at how good natured he is. Rylee is still so helpful with him and just loves having him around. She is so cute with him. She loves having him lay in bed with her and watch movies. Its pretty cute.





Here are some pics of Dax at 2 1/2 months old...





Another big update is that we are going to be in Texas for a short time for Brett's job. I was a little worried about the drive with a 3 year old and a 2 month old, but it couldn't have gone better. I was so relieved. Honestly, Dax didn't make a sound the entire trip. We broke it up into several days. We left last Monday night at 7pm and traveled as far as Moab and stayed the night there. I believe that was about a 4 hour drive with the one stop we made. Both kids slept most that time. The next morning we got up, ate breakfast and went to Arches National Park. It was a lot of fun. We hiked around and let Rylee get out all her energy. Then headed to the next stop, which would be Albuquerque, NM.






This was our longest stretch. It was close to 7 hours with gas & food stops. We would feed Dax before we left and then feed him when we stopped to eat and it all seemed to work out perfectly. Rylee napped for a few hours and the rest the time she was really good. She watched movies, colored, drew pictures, etc. I was really excited to get to Albuquerque because that is where my dad lives. We planned to stay the night at his house. From Moab to New Mexico it was mostly just a lot of flat desert. We arrived in Albuquerque around 6pm. My dad's fiance was making dinner and then we all just hung out and visited. It was so nice to see my dad and his fiance Melody is very nice. She also could not believe how good Dax was. She was amazed. I got some cute pics of my dad with the kids. Then Wednesday morning Melody made breakfast then my dad and Brett took Rylee to the park while I got ready, then we headed on our way.




The next stop would be Amarillo, TX, which was about another 5-6 hour drive. On our way there we made a stop at a museum and to see Billy the Kids real grave site. This was something Brett really wanted to do. Once we got to Amarillo and checked into the hotel, Brett and Rylee went swimming while I hung out with Dax in the hotel.
Then it was our last stretch of driving....which made us all SO happy. From Amarillo we drove to Fort Worth. Which was another 5-6 hour drive. As you we will see in the pics, we were starting to get a little silly. Also, I am still a little confused because I never knew they had camels in Texas, but I am pretty sure these are camels?! Hmmm?! (ok I guess they are llamas, ha that makes more sense).






So that was our journey to get here. So far, since we have been here we haven't done too much yet. Mostly just played outside and hung out at the pool. Its very humid here, which takes some getting use to. Hopefully soon I can share some fun things we have done. :)

Here are some random pics of the kids...






Before we left for Texas we went to visit all the family over Mother's Day weekend. We hung out at Brett's parents house most the time. On Sunday, Mothers Day, we went to my moms house and had a BBQ with all the family. It was good to see everyone and Rylee LOVES getting to play with all her little cousins.






So there is the longest update ever. Sorry for such a long post.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Krista, looks like you guys had a fun drive, glad to hear that it is going well so far! Now that I see Dax with your dad I think he looks just like your dad!! Anyway keep me updated on Texas.. I know I need to update my blog, I will after this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thats a long drive. Cute pics. I cant believe how old Dax looks. He's skinny but tall so that makes him look a lot older than he is. I love the cute smiles. He seems like a very content baby. You're lucky he was so good on the ride to the lone star state:)
    Rylee is probably loving the pool huh. Keep posting so we can keep in touch. Oh and by the way, I think those are llamas, not camels. LOL Don't camels live in the desert?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I didn't get to say goodbye! Thanks so much for being a friend to me every Wednesday from 4:15 to 5:00! :) Good luck in Texas.

    ReplyDelete