Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Holiday Fun...

For the 24th of July, we of course spent it with family. We love being able to spend these kinds of holidays with our family and friends. We actually went to Salina Wednesday night to start our long weekend. On Thursday, my friend Jess drove from St. George to Salina to hang out. I haven't seen her in a little over a year and it was so good to see her and hang out with her. She brought her daughter Talia, which made Rylee very happy. We met for lunch then just hung out. One good thing about Jess and I is no matter what we are doing or not doing, we still enjoy our time together. She is pregnant with a little girl and I cannot wait until she is born. I never thought we would have our kids close in age, but Dax and her baby girl will only be 9 months apart...how exciting!
On Friday, the 24th of July, we took the kids to the Redmond park for the parade and games. Rylee had so much fun with her cousins. We walked to the park with my sister Shanda and her 5 cute kids. Rylee got lots of candy at the parade, then we started with the games. The very first thing she did was get her face painted, then played a few games. Her biggest concern was getting a gold fish. We had a sno cone, ate some food, played at the park and then headed home.





That night we had a BBQ with our friends Jaron, Jenny and their little girl Nakiah, then went to the burn-outs. Saturday, Brett and I went on a Harley ride, which was really nice and then looked around for places to live. And I am happy to say we found a place...yahoo! (Thanks to my nephew Jayden!)
Sunday we visited Rylee & Dax's great grandma VilaDean, then took Rylee to play with her cousin Kailey. They play so good together. We went and ate a very yummy dutch oven dinner at my in-laws...Rick makes the best food, I swear! Then I headed back to SLC with the kids, oh and I brought Kailey along for the ride. I was a little worried about it since Kailey is use to staying up much later than Rylee, but Rylee was out on the way home, so Kailey went to bed when I did. The next day I took them to the splash park and then her mommy and daddy came and picked her up.




So that was our LONG and FUN 24th of July weekend...we enjoyed every bit of it and look forward to many more holidays with family and friends!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute! And as always it looks like you guys had a fun time.. I am so glad you are going to be in Salina now I can see you maybe 1 a month that would be awesome!!! It was so nice to see you and the kids, they look so old in the pictures even Rylee she looks so old in the first picture that you posted then I see her and she is so tiny :)

    PS: Your new blog page looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K I left a comment several days ago. Where the he** did it go???? But anyways I was just going to leave another one. Very cute new header and page. Looks like you guys had a blast in Salina for the 24th. Cute festive pics!!!

    ReplyDelete