Wednesday, August 4, 2010

~Sun, Sand & Water...Lake Powell~

Sand in my swimsuit,
Sand in my hair,
When I go to the beach
Sand gets everywhere!
I wonder, I wonder,
Oh, how can there be
Sand left at the beach
When there's so much on me?

Over the 24th of July weekend we went to Lake Powell and camped out on Lone Rock Beach in tents. We camped for 4 days and 3 nights with Cody, Amy, Ryker and Keagan Boyce. Rylee had been sick the whole week leading up to us leaving and still wasn't 100% when we left, so we kept hoping her antibiotic would take over and do its job soon since she had been on it for about 5-7 days at the time. Once we got there you would not have known she wasn't feeling the best. And after the first day there she had no more fever and was doing really great. We were also a little concerned about the weather because it showed there would be isolated thunderstorms the entire time we were there.
We were so glad we chose to go because Rylee ended up being well and the weather was PERFECT. We could not have asked for better weather and both kids were loving it. It was so nice and relaxing. Dax played in the sand like it was the best thing ever. I am sure it felt like the worlds largest sand box and he was placed right in the middle of it. He was loving everything about that.
Our trip did start off a little rocky. We had planned to go Thursday but then we decided to wait until Friday to give Rylee one more day of rest and my sister ended up having her baby on Thursday. So I went to Provo to see the baby and my sister and on the way back my car broke down. So I got home late and still had to get stuff ready for Powell. Then we got to Powell and went to set up the tent and the poles weren't in the bag, so we had to run into Paige, AZ and buy a new tent. I was starting to wonder if this was all a sign we should have stayed home.
All I can say now is that I am SO glad we went. Every one of us had the best time. It was so relaxing for even me. The kids played so good. Dax would go to the edge of the water where the water was barely touching his feet, but that was it. So I didn't have to worry about being right next to him the entire time. I could actually sit down and watch them play. It was nice!
Rylee loved just walking around and finding seashells and then making sand castles and decorating it with shells. She ended up with so many shells that we don't even know what to do with. She plays so well with both Ryker and Keagan and they all had so much fun together. Both her and Dax absolutely love going for rides on the sea-doo's. Both kids did so well going to bed at night in the tent. It worked out perfect.
One of the days we took the kids to the sand hill to climb and play. That hill is SO huge that none of us adults climbed it, we chose to watch the kids from the bottom. The sand there is so soft and clean. Its amazing.
Unfortunately my camera only lasted about a day and a half and then it died. I forgot to charge it before leaving. I did get a lot of pictures still, but wasn't able to get one of me and Brett or all of us before it went dead. The one of Rylee by the sunset was the last one I snapped and then it shut off. I did take a few more with Brett's cell phone, so trust me, there is still going to be a picture overload of our vacation.
This was Dax's first time to Lake Powell and I can definitely say that he LOVED it. I have to say I have two of the cutest little beach bums for kids. I love them so much! We loved splashing in the water, soaking up the sun, and sifting through the sand. What a great family vacation!!!




















1 comment:

  1. How cute! looks like you guys had fun.. Glad Rylee started feeling better so you were able to go. Rylee looks adorable like a little super model :)

    ReplyDelete