Sunday, March 21, 2010

Our Lil "Rock Star" is ONE....

Today we celebrated Dax's 1st Birthday! Originally for his party theme I was going to do baseball, but when I saw the "Rock Star" themed party, I had to have it. It fits him perfect! He loves to dance to any kind of music and he has a mowhawk to go right along with the theme. Once I decided on the theme, I decided to take the pictures of him holding the letters O-N-E and create a rock star invitation. They turned out really cute!


I have been prepping for this party for quite some time now (at least in my head). I have been wanting to make a 2-tiered fondant cake for a while and decided it would be perfect for his birthday. I pictured what I wanted it to look like, but was a little nervous to work with fondant. I had read a few horror stories online about it, which made me pretty nervous. (Thanks Ashlee for answering my fondant/icing questions!) When it came down to it, it really wasn't bad...just a lot of mess. And it turned out awesome! I did the star themed fondant cake and then cupcakes to go around it with music notes on them. I have to say I was pretty proud of myself....

For Dax's "tear-into" cake, I made him a guitar shaped cake, which I just cut from a square cake and then frosted to look like a guitar. I think the guitar was more challenging than the 2-tier. Dax absolutely loved it! He tore right into it. It was so cute because he kept looking around as he was eating it wondering why everyone was watching him eat this cake! He even offered everyone around him some by reaching out a handful of cake to them. Such a sweet boy!


During present time, he just wanted the little trucks he spotted on top of the presents. Once he found those, he didn't need to go any further. I got him to help me tear the paper a little, but within no time all the other kids were tearing into it before I could even read who they were from. He definitely had lots of help from all the cousins.


He LOVED all his toys and wanted to play with all of them. He also got some WAY cute outfits, which I LOVED! So thanks to everyone for all the cute stuff!!!


Dax had such a great day! He loved to just run around and play. This is really only about the 2nd time he has been able to just run around free outside and have fun. It was such a nice day and the weather was great. All the kids played and had fun. 

 

Mommy & Dax by his personalized birthday banner....

Dax with Great Grandpa Deloy...

Jayde, Mercedes, Rylee & Kailey


Dax with Great Grandma Dean....


We had pizza, music, & balloons everywhere, Dax loved it! The kids played at the park, played basketball, and ran around on the grass. It ended up being a perfect place for all ages to be entertained. Dax loved his cake that mommy made him, and everyone enjoyed the cake I made too. His 1st birthday turned out PERFECT. He was happy and we got to spend it with all of our family. It couldn't get any better! 
I still cannot believe that my baby is ONE! Happy 1st Birthday Dax....We LOVE you!!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW can't belive he is already 1.. He is such a cute little boy and he has such a cool mom to go to all that work and made him such an awesome cake! You did a great job I love the cake and the cupcakes everything turned out so adorable what a special day.. Looks like it was TONS of fun good job on such an awesome birthday party he will look back on this day and know he was loved so much.. You looked cute too! I love your new hair cut.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAX!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Little Rock Star!!! Great job on the cake:) Still debating on making my own for Aiden's bday. Thinking I may be too dang busy with all our family in town. Your theme was really cute. Looks like you guys had alot of fun:)

    ReplyDelete