Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday....

...to my sweet nieces Trinity & Teyara. On April 23rd, they celebrated their 11th birthday! Unfortunately this year I was in Salt Lake City for a job training for three days and missed their party. They invited a bunch of friends and the cousins and went to the swimming pool in Gunnison. I had planned to make a cute cake into flip-flops, but since I was gone I didn't get to. I had been looking forward to making it, so I was sad I didn't get to for them. Its so fun watching these two together. They have such different personalities, yet are so alike at the same time. They are the sweetest little girls and always have a hug for their Aunt Krista, Uncle Brett and Rylee & Dax too. We love watching them dance, do gymnastics and play basketball.
I hope you girls had a fabulous birthday....I love you!


This month we also celebrated my sister-in-law Brinne's birthday. On April 24th Brinne turned 22 years old. It has sort of become tradition for us girls (me, Shanda, Andrea, and my mom) to get together and pick out a gift and then make a cake and invite the whole family for cake and ice cream. So, here was my perfect chance to make the flip-flop cake I had been wanting to make. The only thing was that I didn't decide on this until the day of the party, so I didn't have much time. My original plan was to use fondant, but I ended up using regular frosting instead because of the short notice. Here are a few pics of the cake I made for her birthday. I think it turned out pretty cute. I have to say it is great having a sister-in-law that I get along with so well. I know a lot of people that don't, and I get along so great with both my sister-in-laws. Brinne I hope you had a great birthday too, love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment