Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wow...look at me grow!





I cannot believe my baby is already 14 months. He turned 14 months on May 17th. It's unbelieveable how fast the time has passed. And words cannot say how much I LOVE this sweet boy of mine.

Dax LoVeS.....
to observe everything around him.
to dance to music, and boy does this kid have rhythm.
his bath time.
his BIG sister Rylee and he gets so excited to play with her.
playing in the sandbox and just being outside.
drawing on paper and the dry erase table.
water! You name it-pools, tubs, sprinklers, dog dish, fish pond. Where there is water, there is Dax!
balloons & balls! And he calls them both "balls".
fruit! This sweet boy cannot get enough fruit. Oranges, apples, strawberries...you name it!
food in general. He is definitely a good little eater and will try anything.
4-wheeler rides, stroller rides, and bike rides.
kitty-kitty's.
climbing inside boxes and bins.
his daddy! He is starting to be as equally a daddy's boy as he has been a mommy's boy.
making MESSES!

On Mother's Day I got two balloons from the lady at the grocery store and I gave one to each kid. Dax absolutely loves balloons and wanted to take it everywhere. For days he would take it in the car when we left home and even bathed with it. It was pretty cute! Thank goodness I was able to get it away during naptime.

He absolutely loves fruit. I cannot cut into any fruit without him begging at my feet for some. Which I am glad to share! He will eat an orange wedge down to the peel and not leave a drop of orange on it. He also LOVES strawberries. The only fruit he hasn't cared too much for is bananas.

He is always so happy and loves to explore. He always has been and still is so observant. Its cute watching him observe everything around him with this curious little look on his face. I LOVE it!

He has been off of the bottle since 13 months and also started sleeping through the night at 13 months. Which I have to say has been WONDERFUL!
More sleep for all of us = happy mommy and happy baby!

He is so good at nap time and bed time and has always went down so good for both. He actually enjoys them. If he is getting tired and I ask if he wants a nap, he will shake his head yes and get so excited to go to bed. He knows how great it feels to nap. He is one smart little cookie if you ask me.

He tries to repeat just about any word I tell him to say. This is definitely the time you need to mind your p's & q's when it comes to words you say around your kids. They are soaking it in like a sponge and repeating it all. Its a good thing we aren't in the city with all those crazy drivers cutting people off.

Dax loves playing on the scooters outside and riding on his ride-on toys he got for Christmas and his birthday. I love that I can put all the kids toys in their closets in toy boxes and he knows where to go to find just what he wants.

He LOVES toy trucks, cars, and motorcycles. Anything he can push around while making the "vroom" sound, surely makes him happy. We have the little peoples bus, airplane, and car, along with the barn and house and all the little people to go along with it. He could play with that for a very long time and be entertained. Especially when Rylee plays it with him.

I could go on and on about my SWEET little Dax boy! He is growing up so fast and is so smart. We love having him in our lives. I just love him to pieces. So for now...these are a few things he enjoys at 14 months!









1 comment:

  1. He is so big and so CUTE! Its funny I was just going to ask you if he was sleeping through the night yet, now I know! That is great news.. I think this age is probably where mom starts to feel normal again lol it takes almost 2 years haha.. once they are sleeping through the night and kinda start knowing what they can and can't do it is awesome! He is so cute and growing up to be such a handsome boy.. AND you look great!

    ReplyDelete