Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009



We had a really good Halloween this year. It was Dax's 1st Halloween and he was the cutest little skunk ever. I was going to dress him as a monkey, but I was glad I dressed him as a skunk because it seemed like a lot of babies were dressed as monkeys. Rylee was Tinkerbell and I must say...a very beautiful Tinkerbell.

The night before Halloween, me and my sister Shanda decided to take the kids to the corn maze...well its a haunted corn maze and most the kids were pretty young. Luckily we went just before dark, but the kids were still pretty scared. Rylee was brave, she did have me hold her the whole time but didn't cry. Kailey had Shanda holdig her the whole time and was crying. Jayslin had Trinity carrying her the entire time and cried a time or two. Rylan and Jayde were brave and walked themselves. When we left Rylee was pretty mad that I would take her to something so scary. I felt bad! On Halloween day I was wishing I wouldn't have taken her to the haunted corn maze because she was scared of everyone that had a mask on. Even homes that had the fake people propped on their porches with scary masks, she was too scared to go to those doors.





We started celebrating pretty early this year. I got up and got the kids dressed in their costumes and headed to the costume parade and trunk-or-treat at 11:30am. After that we went to eat lunch, then all met up at my sister Andrea's house to get pictures of all the cousins in their costumes. We got some really cute pictures and all the kids looked so cute in their costumes. They all ran around and played together for a few hours and then around 4pm we all headed out to trick-or-treat around town. We all walked around and the kids ran door to door. They had so much fun and got so much candy. Rylee had a huge bag and filled it completely full by the end of the night.

Around 7pm Brett and I got into our costumes and took the kids around Aurora then took the kids over to see their great grandma VilaDean & Tom. She was so excited to see the kids. By that time Rylee was pretty tired and a little moody. After that we got some dinner and went home. It was a fun-filled day.

I hope everyone had a great holiday and ate as much candy as we have!!! Here are some cute pictures from our Halloween 2009.










2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had allot of fun, its nice to be able to do all this stuff with your sisters! All the kids look so cute in there costumes, and Dax made a perfect skunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness your kids are adorable! Your little girl looks so much like you!! She's beautiful!! And I LOVE the little skunk costume! How freakin cute!!

    ReplyDelete