Sunday, November 15, 2009

Winter is here....

…and I think its here to stay! As much as I love the warm weather, I can’t complain too much this winter for a few reasons. 1. I am a stay at home mom for the time being, which mean no 6am drives on the icy roads. 2. Rylee absolutely LOVES the snow and playing in it, so seeing her get excited each time it snows makes it all worth it. 3. It means watching a good Christmas movie with my family in my warm pajamas while drinking a nice cup of hot chocolate. 4. Getting to read cute Christmas stories to the kids. 5. Christmas is just right around the corner, which means taking the kids to sit on Santa’s lap, and the most exciting part, seeing their sweet faces get excited on Christmas morning.

Okay, so maybe Dax won’t completely understand yet, but Rylee just gets so excited, which I am sure will make Dax excited too.


We had a good snow storm almost a week ago and the second Rylee looked outside and realized we got snow, she started begging to please go play in it. Well since it was still snowing, I told her to at least wait until it stops snowing. The second it stopped, she was ready to go out. So we bundled her all up and outside she went. She ran and jumped in the snow, made snow angels and even tried to eat a little of it. I know, I know, gross right!? But I am pretty sure we all did it when we were little….how much fun would it be if we weren’t able to at least get a little taste of it?

Here is a first glimpse into our winter….I am sure there will be much more to come between now and Christmas…Enjoy!!!






1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun, I like the snow too but only for a little while and I am so happy to jump in the car and leave when we are done playing in it! Your kids are so cute looks like Dax was doing pretty good for his first experience of the cold stuff :))

    ReplyDelete