Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mountain of Milestones...



My sweet, LOVING, and cute little Dax will be 8 months old on November, 17th. I really cannot believe he is already 8 months old. It is so much fun watching him explore and learn now that he can get around. His favorite stuff to chase after is the laptop, any kind of cord, my cell phone, my camera and case, and the remote. And I have to admit that with the sicknesses going around, all I can think about when he grabs them and puts them into his mouth is germs. I believe I have become a germophobe.






He has learned so much in just this last month, its truly amazing. He started crawling backwards on November 1st, which is so funny because Rylee did the same thing before she started crawling. It was a little sad because he would want to get to something so bad and instead would go backwards and get so frustrated. On November 13th he officially learned to crawl. Before this, he used scooting or what you might call an inch worm crawl, but it was on the 13th that he just took off actually crawling and has been ever since. He started standing up to stuff at 7.5 months old and has even let go and stood. He tries to walk away from the furniture, which ends in a crash to the ground, but I am glad to see he is not scared to try. He started waving hello and goodbye at 7 months old and it’s the cutest thing ever. He puts his hand straight out at you and waves by opening and closing his little fingers. He absolutely loves to jump up and down, sometimes he tries when he is standing alone, which usually makes him fall down. Its so cute to watch. I definitely have a lot of baby proofing to do around the house now that he is into everything and all over the place.





Another exciting milestone was Dax’s very first tooth. He woke up November 11th with a new tooth on the bottom, it’s the one on the right side when facing him. He didn’t actually act like it was really bothering him until about 3 days after I first noticed it. Before it broke through he seemed a little more quiet and like he didn’t feel very good, but not really fussy.

According to my scales at home, which only does half pounds, Dax is 17 pounds and 29 inches long. He is definitely a growing little boy. He is getting so tall that I have to put him in 12 month jammies.
Here are some cute pictures over the last month showing some of his milestones….also, I got some cute “winter” pics of him. It snowed about a week ago and while getting Rylee bundled to go outside, it made me want to get some cute winter pics of Dax too. He wasn’t loving the ones outside near the snow and in the cold, but we still got some cute ones.




My little Bubbas is an AMAZING little boy and we LOVE him so much. Those pouty lips, beautiful eyes, and cute little smile. He has the sweetest and funnest little personality….and a smile that lights up the room. It definitely melts my HEART!

1 comment:

  1. He is so cute, I can not believe how much he is doing just from when you guys were at our house. He is already crawling forward and pulling himself up just within such a short time! What a little smarty xoxox

    ReplyDelete