Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Few Firsts...

...for our little Dax boy! It is so crazy to think that just a week ago he was standing and would take a few steps, but only when he thought I was holding on to him. If he could see that I let go of him he would get nervous and sit down. Now this week he is taking so many steps....it won't be long before this cute lil guy is walking. And the funny thing is that he wants to try and run rather than walk. So it is a little scary! He is so cute and so full of personality. I love it!

I have a short clip of him walking on February 9th...he took about 5+ steps. What a BIG boy!
(I had to play it a few times before it would play without skipping-but its only 6 seconds)

Recently we moved him into a forward facing car seat. I know he is not quite a year yet, but he is so tall and has hit the 20 lb. mark. He is already at least 30 inches tall and 20.5 lbs. He does look pretty little in it, but its so much easier and he seems to love it.

Dax had his first taste of chocolate pudding. Brett decided Dax needed to experience the yummy taste of chocolate since Rylee was eating some and poor Dax was so sad that he wasn't getting any. How can you say no to such a cute little face? He definitely loved the pudding! Look at that face!

He also had his very first popsicle. He held it and went to town on that thing. Brett actually gave him his first banana flavored popsicle while I was grocery shopping, so this picture is a few days later and is actually his 2nd popsicle. Brett said that when the popsicle was gone he got so mad and started crying. He acted like someone had taken it away.



Dax also had his very first ice cream cone. I didn't get very good pics of this because we were in the car and the cone didn't last long. Aunt Andrea decided she would give Dax a vanilla/chocolate twist baby cone. He loved it, but immediately squished his fingers through the cone and had ice cream dripping from every direction. It was a mess....but a cute mess!



And last but not least....the first lollipop. Its the famous powder suckers. I love these things because kids love them, and they are not sticky. That is the best part! This was a giant one. I was too worried about the other one breaking from the stick, so we got the BIG one. He loved it...look how proud he is of this sucker!





Really I don't feed this kid sweets much, but the funnest firsts when it comes to food is always sweets! What can I say....sweets are good!!!

2 comments:

  1. He is so cute! Sweets are good and I think they make all kids happy :)

    Crazy that he is almost 1 time flies, I love this age its so fun they start to do so many new and fun things I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute:) He just takes off in the video. LOL I love those powder suckers too. I remember giving those to Trey. But I sware they dont sell them down here. Rylee is getting big. That pic of her and her teddy is very cute. I
    bet that was a fun day for her:)

    ReplyDelete